SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE PRAYER VIDEOS
To all my Catholic Lectors and dear ones:
Etiquette is not only about behaviour at a party or formal meeting. There is also Mass Etiquette which is neglected:
Here are 20 Things to remember at Mass:
1. One must fast for at least 1 hour before receiving Holy Communion. The only exceptions are medicine, water or unless someone is ill and needs to eat sooner.
2. Don’t pack a snack basket for kids. It’s no picnic. The only exceptions would be milk for infants, water for the priest or choir and sick.
3. Don’t bite your nails, it indicates nervousness. Don’t shake your legs, it indicates tension. Don’t fidget with your hair, it indicates distraction. You may haven’t been taught this when you were young, that it is wrong to focus on any other person or object, when the focus should be on God alone.
4. Never chew gum in Church. It breaks your fast.
5. Cross yourself with Holy Water on entering and leaving the church. This is a reminder of our Baptism, which made us members of Christ’s Church.