The benefits of the praying the rosary are quite extraordinary. In addition to the 15 promises the rosary, daily rosary prayer also provides us with tremendous spiritual, physical and mental growth.
You may have heard people of several religions speak of becoming more “consciousness”. What exactly does this mean? Basically, gaining consciousness means gaining insight about oneself and how one relates to their surroundings. With better insight about your own being, a heightened sense of self-awareness is achieved. As a result, you become more aligned with God and His holy will.
The following are a few of the many spiritual, mental, physical benefits that are typically gained by those who pray the rosary on a regular basis:
The 15 Promises of Our Lady to those who pray the rosary everyday without fail:
1. Whosoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.
[A signal grace may be a simple sign in daily life that answers a question made in prayer or points towards God’s will. For example, seeing a rose after finishing a novena to St. Therese of Lisieux could be considered a signal grace. Signal graces are often subtle or seemingly coincidental.]
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for Eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means!
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish.
[In other words, anyone who faithfully prays the Rosary and asks for Mary’s intercession will be saved from hell.]
6. Whosoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of Eternal Life.
[An unprovided death means dying while not in a state of grace (that is, in dying with unconfessed mortal sin in the soul). The Blessed Mother promises that anyone who regularly prays the Rosary, and earnestly tries to live according to God’s will, will be spiritually prepared when their time of death comes.]
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
[Our Lady ensures that the soul will receive sanctifying grace through the Sacraments prior to its departure from the body.]
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the Light of God and the plenitude of His Graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the Merits of the Saints in Paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of Glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire Celestial Court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my Sons, and brothers of my Only Son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
[By this the Blessed Mother means that a devotion to the Rosary is a good indication that the devotee is on the path to Heaven.]
- Creates fulfilment and meaning in your life.
- Helps you understand your life’s purpose.
- Brings you closer to God and allows Him to actively help you in your life.
- Improves discernment and the gives you a better ability to know right from wrong.
- Increases your empathy, compassion, and tolerance towards others.
- Creates peace in your life. Helps create peace to those close to you.
- Directs you towards heavenly treasures rather than earthly desires.
- Increases mental awareness; creates a greater sense of intuition.
- Increases your capacity to love yourself and others.
- Provides assurance and guidance in times of despair and hopelessness.
- Allows you to connect better with others and with nature.
- Increases your willpower and your desire for goodness.
- Provides protection against negative influences.
- Opens you mind to accept a Higher Truth.
- Decreases the desire to sin; helps overcome temptation.
- Most importantly – the rosary helps us understand God.
- Improved rate of breathing; improves respiratory function.
- Boosts immune system and protects against sickness.
- Increases energy levels; fights chronic fatigue.
- Helps lower blood pressure.
- Alleviates muscle tension; aids relaxation.
- Helps with migraine headaches.
- Increases levels of serotonin.
- Helps with the coping with chronic diseases.
- Aids with the termination of physical addictions.
- Promotes restful sleep
- Increased focus and attention.
- Mental clarity; clears the mind of distractions and negative thoughts.
- Better thought control and less intrusive thoughts.
- Fights depression.
- Improved memory (short term and long term).
- Decreased anxiety and fear.
- Positive thinking and better outlook on life.
- Stress reduction.
- Increased ability to relax and unwind.
- Powerful sleep aid; promotes a restful night’s sleep.
- Increases overall sense of well-being.